Responsible for setting up, configuring, and supporting company internal and/or external networks as well as planning and engineering of the company’s systems including implementation and design of hardware, virtualization, and software and licensing. Develops, monitors performance, and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues, creates, and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users.
- Associates Degree or greater in a Computer, IS, or Networking field preferred. (Bachelor’s degree Preferred)
- Education can be substituted with experience and/or Professional Certifications.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a support or technical role.
- Professional Certifications helpful (A+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Windows Servers
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Desktop PC’s
- Microsoft Office 365
- VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi)
- iSCSI SAN’s and storage technologies
- Desktop Imaging and Deployment Technologies, such as MDT
- Powershell familiarity
- Enterprise Backup Technologies, such as, but not limited to: Veeam, StorageCraft Shadow Protect
- Enterprise Monitoring – PRTG and/or Others
- Network Equipment: Switches, Firewalls
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems
- VOIP technologies – Cisco CUCM
- Endpoint Protection and Antivirus/Antimalware/Anti-ransomware technologies
- Microsoft Azure